There is an All Staff Meeting on Oct. 15th at 7:15pm.
Lifeguards will be expected to attend a lifeguard training before the All Staff Meeting, beginning at 5:30pm. All guards are expected to get in the water (this includes LGIs).
Meet: On the pool deck (do not be late)
Bring: Swim suit, towel, and change of clothes
At 6:30pm we will switch the Olympic pool to short-course. Both meetings are mandatory for lifeguards. You must RSVP via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Olympic and Instructional Pools will officially re-open on Saturday morning.
The attachment and picture below show the revised schedule (Aug. 7-13).
LG Schedule Aug.7-13 Revised
The pool schedule will remain minimal this weekend. We are not changing the Olympic Pool to long-course. Swim lessons (group and privates) will resume on Monday, Masters will resume on Tuesday, and Bulldog Swim Club will resume in late August.
FRIDAY – pools are to remain closed. I still have a couple more projects for those of you who are scheduled to come in tomorrow from 11am-3pm. However, Saturday projects will be cancelled.
If you have any questions regarding the pool situation please contact me directly via email or phone.
The attachment below is the document providing the tasks for each day and the employees who have been scheduled to help.
Projects for Pool Closure – Shifts
11am – 3pm Saturday Aug. 5
- clean B6 office, LG office and parkas. Clean water polo goal storage area. Clean out SMAC lockers. All lost and found off pool deck.
- Tyler is leader. Staff are: Richard, Kelsey (1 – 3pm), Casey
11am – 3pm Sunday Aug. 6
- clean Katie’s office & Back office storage area, . Clean out SMAC lockers.
- Katie is leader. Staff are: Kelsey
11am – 3pm Monday Aug. 7
- clean and organize (reorganize) garage & swim lesson toy boxes. We Are Hiring Flyers all over campus and San Mateo. Fall swim programs all over S.M, Backstroke flags, new signs for Family changing area, Restroom, etc.
- Katie is leader. Staff are: Richard, Kelsey, Austin, Morgan, Casey
11am – 3pm Tuesday Aug. 8
- Clean and organize Aquatics Office, dry erase board & all Safety Equipment & First aid kits. New LG Binder and new member packets. Deep clean all of pool deck (corners, spills, mold, crevices, trash, showers)
- Kacee is leader. Staff are: Melina, Richard can start at 1pm, Kelsey, Austin, Morgan, Jaz, Casey
11am – 3pm Wednesday Aug. 9
- detail pool equipment (stainless steel polish, tiles, scrubbing bottom of pool, LG stands and ladders, yellow cones, lane line reels, the corner of the pool by the tires: throw away gross cones, sweep up debris)
- Kacee is leader. Staff are: Melina, Richard, Austin, Morgan, Jaz, Casey
11am – 3pm Thursday Aug. 10
- Deep clean fitness equipment & Family changing rooms
- James & Tyler are leaders. Staff are: Melina, Richard can work 11am – 1pm, Austin, Morgan, Jaz, Casey
11am – 3pm Friday Aug. 11
- Filing & Shredding for Ty
- Tyler is leader. Staff are: Melina, Richard (maybe), Morgan, Jaz, Casey (11-1pm)
11am – 3pm Saturday Aug. 12
- see what we didn’t finish
- Tyler is leader. Staff are : Melina if needed
Contact me if you have any questions: email@example.com
Lifeguards and Swim Instructors,
Attached are the Summer Availability Forms! Please read the directions all the way through.
Availability Form Lifeguard & Swim Instructor – Summer 2017
There are 2 pages:
- Lifeguard Availability
- Swim Instructor Availability
Do not complete both forms unless it applies to you.
These forms are due on May 15th at noon! The availability includes dates between June 1st to August 16th. Please include your desired hours per week and your requested days off.
There are availability forms available in my mailbox if you’d like a hard copy. When you complete your form put it in my mailbox OR send it to Tyler’s email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tyler will receive ALL forms and share them with Kacee.
If you have questions, contact Tyler in regards to the lifeguard schedule and Kacee for the Swim Instructor schedule.
Tyler and Kacee
Lifeguard Meeting Tomorrow: Sunday 4 – 6pm
Thank you to Austin, Adam, Al, Philip, Stephanie & Leon for attending our meeting on Wednesday – we will see the rest of the lifeguards on Sunday at 4pm. We will be getting in the water at 5pm so have your suits ready to go.
Swim Instructor Meetings:
Wednesday March 22nd from 1 – 3pm or Sunday March 26 from 2 – 4pm
All swim instructors must attend one of these meetings.
Next Lifeguard Meetings:
Wednesday March 29 from 12p – 2pm or Saturday April 1 from 4 – 6pm
All lifeguards must attend one of these meetings.
Please RSVP to Tyler at email@example.com.
Let us know which meetings you will attend.
We have our Lifeguarding Meetings this week. Choose from: Wednesday 12pm – 2pm or Sunday 4pm – 6pm. Please RSVP to Tyler so we know which one you are attending.
March 3rd Aquatics Dinner at Dave and Busters. Please RSVP to Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to Dillon, Tyler, Austin, Teija and Nathan for a great Lifeguarding Class this weekend.
Let’s have a strong finish to our Group Swim Lessons this week. Next session begins the week of 2/27.
Enjoy your Presidents’ Day everyone. Thank you!